The A’Fok, Fok Sing and Company constructed the brick kiln in 1859, near the southern end of the Ironbark Chinese Camp.
The Bendigo Advertiser (Oct 25, 1859) reported that the kiln was nearing completion:
‘The kiln for burning the bricks is worth of inspection, both from its novelty and apparent fitness for the purpose of design. It is very neatly built in a conical form, something like a beehive or coke oven, and terraced round, with different openings for the parties to go in to load the kiln. The other portion of the works is most ingeniously arranged, and no doubt when all is completed it will present a most complete plant.’