City of Melbourne Administration Offices, c. 1906.
City of Melbourne Administration Offices, c. 1906
Grainger Kennedy and Little, Architects
Chemical print from original drawing
Grainger Museum Collection
University of Melbourne
Contact the Grainger MuseumCopyright
Contact the Grainger Museum
Grainger entered into partnership with Phillip Kennedy and John Little. Grainger, Kennedy & Little practiced as architects and civil engineers and had an office at 123 Queen Street in central Melbourne.
This period of his professional life began with a quite prestigious success. Shortly after his arrival in Melbourne he won first prize in a competition for a design for a northern wing to Melbourne’s Town Hall. His firm was also responsible for the design of St Michael's Catholic Church in North Melbourne.