The Harley Club at Balnarring
The Harley Club, Balnarring.
Photo by A.E. Frost. c1930.
Tulum (Balnarring Beach), a long-time camping and holiday spot on Western Port Bay, was a favourite destination for members of the Harley Davidson Club (later Harley Club) formed in 1924.
In the summer of 1925-6 it was decided to build a club house, its own holiday home, near the bridge over Tulum Creek. The official opening was 18 December 1928.
“We had a good 50 years of going to Balnarring. Lots of family fun on the beach”.
- Harley Club member, Margaret Gibson