NMIT Archive Collection (Melbourne Polytechnic)
This collection was catalogued as part of an archive project celebrating 100 years of NMIT.
This collection is no longer maintained nor monitored and is not accessible to the public, except via the Victorian Collections website.
The entity now known as NMIT was formed in 1988 through the amalgamation of Preston College of TAFE and Collingwood College of TAFE. The new entity was called Northern Metropolitan College of TAFE. In 1996, the name was changed to Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE and, in 1999 the acronym NMIT was adopted. From modest beginnings as a technical school in Collingwood in 1912, NMIT grew to become the largest provider of vocational and technical education in Melbourne’s north.
NMIT is now known as Melbourne Polytechnic.