Motts Cottage, National Trust of Australia (Victoria)
Mott’s Cottage nestles in the historic town of Port Fairy and is one of the oldest buildings in the district.
Constructed in three stages, the oldest section dates from 1850 or earlier and was built for local stonemason John Hooper.
Unusually for a cottage of this type it even acquired a second story but only acquired its name in the twentieth century from Sarah Jane Mott, who owned it between 1918 and 1944.
Across its long history it was used as a bakery and now survives to offer a glimpse into how the earliest European settlers into Victoria lived.