Heidelberg Historical Society
The Museum and Library of the Society is housed in the hundred year old former Heidelberg Court House, complete with many original furnishings. The regularly changing displays of artefacts, photographs, prints and maps provide an informative insight into the development of Heidelberg and district. The building itself is remarkably well preserved. It was built in 1899-1900 and served as the Heidelberg Court House until the early 1970s. Heidelberg Historical Society was lucky enough to acquire it for use in 1979.