Culture Victoria

Glenample Homestead

Port Campbell National Park Port Campbell Phone: (03) 5598 8237

The land on which Glenample Homestead stands was originally part of the Kernan's Station pastoral lease established by 1847. In 1856-57, James Murray acquired Kernan?s Station and consolidated it with a neighbouring property to form a new holding which he named Glenample. Murray constructed some huts on the property, some of which survived in a ruinous state on the property until recent times. Hugh Hamilton Gibson, a Scottish born pastoralist, acquired the run in 1866 in partnership with Peter McArthur of Meningoort, and built a house of locally quarried sandstone between 1866 and 1869.

Organisation Location

There are no Organisations nearby

View All Nearby Organisations