Donald History and Natural History Group
The Donald History and Natural History Group was founded in 1962 to collect and preserve their history and natural history of Donald and district, and to make it available to researchers and to young people of the district.
Our CollectionFour buildings help to preserve and disseminate information: The Agricultural Museum contains machinery and other items from the early days of district settlement, and the original Police Camp, from which mounted troopers kept watch on the town, includes the original house and office with detached kitchen, stables, and cell. In the grounds are a number of other historical objects, such as a shepherd's hut from the 1840s. In the previous Court House, built 1884, is a museum of objects of district social history; and in two buildings which were solicitors' offices built 1895 and 1906 the Donald District Archives preserves historical documents and carries out research for those requiring information about ancestors who lived in this district, or other information from its past history.