Central Goldfields Art Gallery
This collection is housed in the Central Goldfields Art Gallery, located in Maryborough?s historic fire station, built in 1861. The collection is owned and managed by the Central Goldfields Shire Council. The permanent collection features artwork by local and regional artists, including works by Philip Adams, Peggy Shaw, Lyn Cooke and Norma Bailey-Ramsey. The collection also includes two donated oil paintings by Australian artist Pro Hart.
For the last nine years, the collecting activities of Central Goldfields Art Gallery focus mainly on paintings, works on paper and print-making by Goldfields artists who have exhibited at our gallery, with an emphasis on Australian landscapes including its flora and fauna. The collection is an important basis for local cultural activities.