Broadmeadows Historical Society & Museum
This purpose-built building was opened in 1991 and includes a Viewing Room, Archives Room and a Committee Room. The collection includes documents, photographs, slides and a map cabinet.
The Society has been in existence since 1975 and since then has managed to gather from a wide range of services a large assortment of photos depicting people and events covering the period from when we were a Roads Broad District (1858) then a Shire (1871), then the City of Broadmeadows (1956) and finally the City of Hume.
Backing our photos up is a large source of written material of such things as recorded interviews from old time residents of the area, some of whom has since passed on. We have also managed to acquire a large assortment of early maps recording the names of early land holders. Early land sale posters also make interesting perusing. Cemetery listings that we have of the area are a source of information for people researching family history, Wil Wil Rook, Scotts Church, Donnybrook, Mickleham and Keilor.