Boort Historical Society
Boort and District has a proud history of families, churches, sporting clubs, and organisations. The organisation is run by a group of volunteers devoted to preserving objects of the past in our Museum and providing family research information to searchers.
The Court House Museum has twenty foot ceilings and the original timber of the Judges bench and the witness box make for a very imposing building. The Court House was built in 1890 to the design of Government Architect Samuel Edward Bindley, and still retains its internal fit-out of Judge’s bench, witness box, high ceiling and exposed timber trusses. In 1983 the Court House was closed to legal trials, and became the home of the Museum collection of Boort Historical Society. The collection is made up of artefacts and memorabilia gathered from the early days of Aboriginal occupation, the Pioneers, the Settlers and interesting relics from the times that many of us can remember. Among our latest donated goods, are former Boort boy and Brownlow Medallist John Schultz’s football boots, from the last game he played for Footscray.