The museum takes its name from its world famous grapevine as noted in The Guinness Book of Records. The grapevine, which was planted in 1866 still bears fruit. The museum's exhibits include an antique furniture display, invalid feeding mugs and over 50 jug "samples". Its outdoor displays in reconstructed stables feature a working drag saw and a chaff cutter. The museum is also the site of a fully operating movie theatre, which was built in 1866.