Explore the Stories, Collections and Organisations that make up the rich cultural life of Victoria on Culture Victoria.
Culture Victoria is a gateway to Victoria’s cultural collections and organisations. It provides:
- Access to thousands of images and hundreds of videos in our online exhibition area STORIES that showcase the richness and diversity of Victoria from a huge number of contributors.
- A COLLECTIONS SEARCH across our major cultural agencies and over 300 professional and community collections through Victorian Collections.
- An ORGANISATIONS directory of over 700 places that hold publicly accessible collections, including galleries, libraries, archives, museums and historical societies.
- EDUCATION resources related to our stories.
- An innovative MAPPING tool to explore our stories through both place and Aboriginal language group.
- New ways to discover stories via the Heritage Council of Victoria’s HISTORICAL THEMES.
Culture Victoria is the public face of the Victorian Cultural Network (VCN), a collaborative project dedicated to increasing digital access to our cultural assets for education and community users. The VCN is a partnership between five Victorian arts agencies, facilitated by Creative Victoria: Arts Centre Melbourne, Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI), Museum Victoria, National Gallery of Victoria (NGV), and the State Library of Victoria.
Contributing content to CV
Do you have a story that you'd like to contribute to CV? If you are a Victorian organisation with a public collection please Contact Us.